100g Caster Sugar
150g Plain Flour
1 Egg yolk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Tsp Baking soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
Egg Glaze: 1 Egg yolk, mixed with a few drops of water.
1) Cream Ghee, Sugar, Egg yok and Vanilla essence till mixture is smooth.
2) Sift flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
3) Fold in the flour mixture slowly using a metal spoon. Knead lightly to form a dough.
4) Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees for 10mins.
5) Pinch a small amount (1/2 teaspoon) of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookies about 2cm apart on the tray and they will expand during baking.6) Brush egg glaze on top of cookies to give them a golden colour.
7) Bake for 10 mins. Let cookies cool for a few mins on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before storing.
In my 2nd attempt to bake these cookies, I add some rainbow rice on top as decorations. Gav loves it!