240g Plain flour
180g Unsalted butter (hard)
1 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
50g Icing sugar
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Egg yolk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla essence
Egg glaze: 1 Egg yolk and a few drops of water.
1) Prepare the egg yolk and add vanilla essence. Set aside.
2) Sift flour, salt, icing sugar and cornflour together.
3) Rub the butter into the flour mixture till fine.
4) Add the egg mixture to bind all into a soft dough. (Do not over knead)
5) Wrap in cling wrap and place in the refridgerator to rest for half an hour.
6) In the meanwhile, roll the pineapple fillings into tiny balls (about a third of a tsp size)
7) Pre-heat oven at 190 degrees.
8) Once dough is ready, pinch half a tsp size of dough. Flatten it to wrap the pineapple fillings & roll into a ball.
9) Bake at 190 degrees for 6 minutes.
10) Brush the pastry with egg glaze and return to oven for another 6 minutes.