Saw this Pig's Trotters Spice Bag in a wet market recently and thought of making Braised Pig Belly for Cason. We even bought plain Bao to go with it. In the end, it was Cason who cooked and waited for me to knock off today.
We figured that the cutie claypot will be too small if we have guests joining us for dinner. Bought this medium size claypot at Seng Siong for SGD5.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3 pax
1 pc Pork Belly
1 pc Lean Pork
1 pk Pig's Trotters Spice Bag
5-6 cloves of Garlic (Remove skin & smashed)
5-6 shallots (Remove skin)
1 Stalk of Mei Cai (Seng Siong sells it by weight) - Wash and soak Mei Cai for a few hours. This will remove the salt used in preservation.
3Tbsp Dark soya sauce
1 Tsp Light soya sauce
1 Tbsp Sugar
1) Slice all the pork into chunks.
2) Heat some oil and fry the Garlic, Onions, Mei Cai and Pork for 2-3 mins.
3) Add Dark and Light soya sauce. Once the sauces boils, turn off heat and pour into a claypot.
4) Heat the claypot and add in the spice bag and sugar.
5) Add water until it covers the meat.
6) Simmer for 30mins.